Learn the easiest way on how to fix and stop buffering issue on Kodi 16 Jarvis and below for good. If you are constantly having a buffering issue while streaming movies, this should be the easiest and most effective method known to fix and stop buffering issue on Kodi.
Update: Team Ares is no longer active. All Ares Project development including Ares Wizard has been stopped. No news that they will come back yet, and it is very unlikely that they will.
While watching movies or any videos on Kodi, if videos taking forever to load and buffer, there are two main things to be checked. The first thing is to make sure your internet speed as per the requirement, check your internet speed here. In my experience, the minimum speed you should have is 4Mbps.
The second thing and the one we will discuss here is to check your Kodi’s default cache settings. Basically, the cache is a temporary file that stored in device memory. If it is too low, you will have a buffer issue. But if it is too high, your device might not able to handle it and might lead to a sudden crash.
Disclaimer: I do not maintain Ares Wizard nor have any affiliation with the developer. Ares Wizard is a third-party add-on which is not related to Kodi Team. So, if you have any issue related to this add-on, please do not post your question on Kodi forum.
How to fix and stop buffering issue on Kodi 16 Jarvis and below
- Install Ares Project repository.
- At Home Screen, select SYSTEMS and select Settings.
- From the menu on the left, select Add-ons.
- Select Install from repository.
- From the list of repositories, select Ares Project.
- Select Programs add-ons.
- Select Ares Wizard and click Install.
- Wait for the enable notification at the bottom right of the screen.
- Go back to Home Screen, select PROGRAMS.
- From the list of available programs, find and select Ares Wizard.
- From the menu on top, select Tweaks then click Next.
- To auto-generate the cache setting, click Generate settings.
- Ares Wizard will automatically generate the setting for your device
- The value will be slightly lower than 1/3 of your available RAM
- You can try to input maximum — half of your available RAM
- Once done, click Apply these settings.
- Restart Kodi — Close Ares Wizard and go back to Home Screen. Click the Power button and select Exit.
Important! Make sure to properly close Kodi and re-open it for the Restart Kodi procedure (as mention in step 14 above). If not, the new cache setting will not be saved and you need to repeat the steps above.
Hopefully, this method will help to fix your buffering issue on Kodi. Or at least, it will reduce the frequency of you getting the error.