This is how you can find your modem router’s IP address on Windows computer. One of the common use of modem or router’s IP address is to access the web-based setup page, on this page you’ll be able to change and view configuration of your router.
In Windows PC, the router’s IP address is called Default Gateway address in the network connection information. To use the IP address to open the setup page, you need to include
http:// at the front of your router’s IP address.
For example, TM Streamyx modem router’s IP address can be accessed through
http://192.168.1.1. Depend on the router model, some may use different IP address. To identify which IP address your modem or router is using, continue reading below.
How to find modem router’s IP address on Windows PC
- While your computer is connected to the network, right-click on the Wireless icon on the Windows taskbar.
- Select Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Under View your active networks, look for Connections and click on your connection name on it’s right.
- On the Network Connection Details box, click on Details… button.
- Look for IPv4 Default Gateway and your modem or router’s IP address is on it’s right.
Done! This is the IP address you will be using to access your modem or router’s web-based setup page to make any changes or view configuration.