Learn how to download YouTube video directly from URL on any internet browser. This method will use your current browser, no 3rd party app or software is required. With this, you can easily download any YouTube videos and save them on your computer or smartphone.
The common methods, people will use additional apps or software. Some of the most popular 3rd parties apps like TubeMate, YouTube Video Downloader, Files, Document 5, Internet Download Manager and etc. Right now, let’s forget about those apps and continue with the tricks.
Basically, this online video downloader works with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera, and all Chromium-based browsers.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only. Download at your own risk. I will not be held responsible if you download copyrighted content from YouTube.
How to download YouTube video directly from URL
The following method work on any smartphone, Android or iPhone, and Windows or Mac.
- Open any internet browser.
- Go to YouTube and find the video you want to download.
- Click on the video link in the address bar.
ssjust before the youtube.com/… and press Enter. For example:
- From: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XXXXXX
- To: https://m.ssyoutube.com/watch?v=XXXXXX
- The browser will direct you to
- You will find the download button with the drop-down arrow button. Click on the drop-down arrow to select the video quality.
- Click on the video quality and it will take you to the next page. You can rename the file or proceed to download.
- Click Done to continue downloading the file.
- In the pop-up message, click Allow and the download will start.
- You can click on the Download icon to see the download progress.
- Wait for the download to complete.
- Once download completed, click on the video and you will be directed to the Downloads folder.
That’s it. If you need help on anything else, let me know in the comment below.