Network Map feature will let you know the detail of every device using your Unifi Wifi network. You can find out exactly how many devices are currently connected to your Wifi.
It is very irritating to find out that someone you don’t know or device that you don’t recognize is using your Wifi. Thankfully, you can find them easily and lock them out.
Note: I’m using the default router provided by TM which is TP-Link Archer C1200 Wireless Router.
(I’m assuming your computer is already connected to the router by wire or wireless.) Now you’re ready to find out how many devices are connected and using your Unifi Wifi network. Right?
First, you need to log in to your router web-based utility page. To do this, you need to have the login information. If you haven’t change them, the default are as follows:
- Username/ID: admin
- Password: admin
You ready? Let’s start.
Find out who is using your Unifi Wifi network
These steps will allow you to open the Network Map on your router configuration page and see how many devices are currently connected to the network.
- Open any internet browser.
- Go to
- Enter login information and click Login.
- Select Basic tab.
- Select Network Map menu.
- Look at Wired Clients, see the number of devices connected to your router in the orange circle.
- Look at Wireless Clients, see the number of devices connected to the Wifi network in the orange circle.
- Click on any of it — Wired Clients or Wireless Clients.
- It will display a list of devices that are currently connected with detail device name, IP address and the MAC address.
- Make sure you’re familiar with the number of devices connected.
Basically, you should know how many family members or friends in your house are currently using it. If there are unknown devices, you can block them right away.
Add them to the Blacklist
Once you find out the unwelcomed device. You should put them in the blacklist. Here’s how to do it.
- Continue from step 3 above.
- Select Advanced tab.
- Select Security menu.
- Select Access Control sub-menu.
- Click Access Control toggle button to turn On this feature.
- Leave Access Mode to Blacklist.
- From the Online Devices list, click to check the device you wanted to block.
- Click Block.
- Click Save to save the changes.
Done. Now all the selected devices are blocked from connecting to your Unifi Wifi network.
Once you satisfied with the list of devices connected to your network, you can continue monitor to make sure only known devices are using your Unifi Wifi network.
Hopefully this guides will be useful to you to protect your Unifi Wifi network. If you need anything else, let me know in the comment below.