Learn how to change the maximum number of connections allowed to your TM Streamyx Wifi network. You can configure to set to as many as you want as long as your router and network bandwidth able to support.
Theoretically, if 8 clients (devices) connected to 8Mbps network will get an average of 1Mbps per client. However, if some clients are not using the network, a router can shift the available bandwidth to the clients that need it.
Remember, if it is too many clients, your router can get overheat and might stop working when operating at extreme loads for extended periods.
How to setup TM Streamyx Max Clients for Innacomm W3400V6 router
- Open any internet browser and enter the following URL EXACTLY:
- On the login page, key in your login detail. Below is the default:
- Username/ID: tmadmin
- Password: Adm@XXXX
- XXXX is the last 4 digit of your router MAC address, you can find it on the sticker at the bottom of the router and usually written on the router box by the service technician
- read this post to find router’s MAC address
- or if fail, you can try tmadmin for both username and password
- Once done, click Login.
- On the left-hand side menu, select Wireless.
- Select Basic.
- Find Max Clients and look at the box on it’s right. Set your new max clients.
- By default, it was set at 16. This means the maximum number of devices can connect to the wireless network is 16.
- Click Apply/Save button to save the new configuration.
For my 8Mbps Streamyx, I set it at 8 clients so that if there are 8 devices connected to my Wifi network at the same time, it will be an average of 1Mbps for each device.