If you are a Streamyx user or Unifi Lite and using Riger modem, here’s how you can change the DNS server on Riger-DB120WL modem. This method works on any Riger modem router.
If you have not set the DNS manually, that means the DNS server you are using is auto-assigned by the ISP. Personally, I use Google Public DNS as it is much faster than the one provided by my ISP.
However, there’s a utility app that can help you to find the fastest DNS server around your area. Go and read how to improve internet speed with Namebench.
How to change Streamyx DNS Server on Riger modem
The following is the step by step to change the DNS server on ADSL-RIGER-DB120WL modem or any RIGER-DBXXX series.
- Open any internet browser.
- Go to http://192.168.1.1.
- Enter your login detail:
- Username/ID: tmadmin
- Password: tmadmin or Adm@**** (**** is the last 4 digit of MAC address)
- Click Login.
- At the top menu, select Interface Setup.
- Under Interface Setup sub-menu, select LAN.
- Under DHCP sub-menu, look for DNS.
- For DNS Relay option, select Use User Discovered DNS Server Only.
- Enter your preferred DNS server in the Primary DNS server and Secondary DNS server. Here are the top two free DNS server:
- Click Save to save the changes.
- Reboot your modem for the new configurations to take effect.
Done! Now your ADSL-RIGER-DB120WL router is using the new DNS server. By following the above tutorial, you’ll be able to change the DNS server to any server that you find suitable. DNS server that works for me does not necessarily work for you.
If you have any questions, let me know in the comment below.