YouTube Premium offers an ad-free, offline, and background play YouTube and YouTube Music for MYR17.90 per month. There are also Family and Student plans which you can get from MYR10.90 to MYR26.90 per month. However, if you don’t use them, here’s how to cancel YouTube Premium subscription.
For first-time subscribers, after the one-month free trial end, you’ll be automatically charged the price listed above unless you cancel during your trial. Then, every month starting on the first billing date until you cancel your subscription. You can cancel at any time. No refunds or credits for partial billing periods.
Cancel YouTube Premium subscription
- Go to YouTube website.
- Click your profile picture located at the top right corner of the site.
- Select Purchases and memberships.
- In the Premium section, click Manage membership.
- Select Deactivate.
- YouTube will ask you to pause instead of cancelling your account, click Continue to cancel.
- Then YouTube will ask reason of cancelling your account, select your reason and click Next.
- Finally, YouTube will ask for your confirmation, click Yes, cancel.
- That’s it, you’ll be unsubscribe from YouTube Premium.
- But hey, you’ll still enjoy the premium benefit until end of the current billing cycle.
Your YouTube Premium subscription is now canceled. You’ll no longer be charged for the premium. If you change your mind, you can re-join YouTube Premium anytime.