Learn the proper way to cancel or terminate your Astro subscription. The cancellation or termination process is easy, here I guide you how to cancel or terminate your Astro account. In general, you have two options, by calling them or doing up-front at Astro Customer Service Centre. The later is easy and pretty straightforward.
I’m done with Astro. I terminated my Astro account while I still have another year of a contract with them. I paid some amount for the penalty but that was worth it. The reason is obvious, their customer service is $uck!
For those who are still under the 2-years contract like me and need to pay the penalty. I recommend you to close your account at Astro Customer Service Centre. The reason is because they will calculate the penalty and you can pay on the spot. Let’s dive in.
Cancel or terminate Astro account via phone call
The following method is easy but not effective.
- Call Astro service center at +603 9543 3838.
- Select your preferred language.
- Make your selection:
- Press 1 – Reconnection Request
- Press 2 – Bill & Payment
- Press 3 – Package, Product and Service
- Press 4 – Technical Assistance and Installation
- Press 5 – GST Related Enquiries
- You can select option 3 or 4.
- Talk to the customer service assistance:
- Tell him or her that you are going to terminate your Astro account
- There will be a standard procedure and questions, answer them sarcastically
- They will let you know that you will need to give the 30 days of notice periods for the termination and they will help to calculate the penalty
- Leave your contact number and they will call you back after a few days.
You can wait for
ever them to call you back on the account closure.
Cancel or terminate Astro account at Astro Customer Service Centre (Astro CSC)
The following was my personal experience. Fast and easy if you have to pay the penalty.
- Go to the nearest Astro CSC branch (do not bring any of Astro items).
- With a friendly-voice-tone, tell the assistance that you are going to terminate your Astro account.
- Take your number and wait for your turn.
- At the service counter, tell them the same thing with the same voice-tone (to terminate your account).
- They will set the 30 days of notice periods, calculate the penalty (if any), print the receipt and give it to you
- Take the receipt, confirm the calculation to make sure everything is correct.
- Pay the amount at the Astro payment kiosk and give them the receipt for account closure
- Keep all the receipts you receive from them for future reference
- Smile, say thank you, get up and get out.
You can be sure that your account is closed or terminated for good.
Note: At the last day of the notice period, Astro technician will come to your house to collect all Astro items including the satellite dish. If not, then you can keep all of them in your garbage bin.
Update: Astro welcomes back all their ex-subscribers and offers Astro NJOI prepaid free for life.